Monday’s Movie Musings is a new feature here at A Daydreamer’s Thoughts. The idea of this feature is to have all of my movie things occuring in one place. Whether it is a review, article, or something else, this feature will just be all about movies.
This week I am being inspired by the Broke & the Bookish‘s Top Ten Tuesday meme and will be listing my top ten favourite romantic comedy films. Most likely I will forget a whole bunch of absolutely great ones, but these are some of the films that I would easily watch over and over and over again!
- Leap Year (2010); This is one of my ultimate favourites, it always has me laughing. There’s just something about it that just works.
- Crazy, Stupid, Love (2011); Absolutely adored this film when I saw it in the cinema and am glad that it doesn’t lose its awesomeness after every re-watch.
- 27 Dresses (2008); A film I loved as soon as I saw it and is one I have watched countless times. I look forward to watching it many more.
- Definitely, Maybe (2008); An absolute gem of a film. This one is full of love and the complications that come with it too. Such a sweet story that I love.
- In Her Shoes (2005); A story that really struck home when I watched it but one that I also just really loved. It’s one that really makes me tear up but it is so worth it.
- Chalet Girl (2011); A classic cheesy film with young love. Plus the setting is spectacular. How could you not love this film?
- The Notebook (2004); This is the ultimate romantic comedy and one of my absolute favourites. This one has to be watched with caution but is the film that really capitalizes the genre.
- 500 Days of Summer (2009); Quirky, different, but still packs a punch. This film instantly became one of my favourites and I love sharing it with people who haven’t watched it yet!
- Stranger Than Fiction (2006); This film always makes me inspired to write, it is really interesting and lovely. A true story about love and life and death.
- Forgetting Sarah Marshall (2008); I instantly fell in love with this film when I watched it. It is the perfect kind of humour for me, an amazing guy and just a brilliant story that you can’t help but enjoy. (Oh the weather outside is weather!)
And there we have it! My top ten romantic comedies. What are your favourites? Do we share any of the same ones? Are there any you think I may have missed?