So today we have the lovely Nadia from Total Book Nerds. She is here for you today with an interview. All of the bloggers I contacted were given the same questions as I thought it would be fun to get different opinions on the same things.
Hope you enjoy all of the questions and all of the answers.
The summer is often a great time for reading. What are five books you would recommend others to read this summer?
Summer is my favourite season, it is filled with endless of hours to read, blog and have a blast! Whew Faye, top 5 only? that’s a tough one… buuuut I have narrow it down to these 5 books that I have read this year and absolutely loved them!
#1. Leo by Mia Sheridan, this book *sigh* there are no words to describe how amazing this book is.
#2. (the third and last book in the Too Far series)
#3. Inescapable by Amy Bartol (omg y’all, you will love The Promonition serie, it is in my top 5 favourite series of all times.)
#4. This Girl by Colleen Hoover (it is no secret, that I have sold my soul to Colleen, she owns it, I have not read one book from her, that didn’t capture my heart, all of her books break my heart and slowly pieces it back together again. This is the third and last book in the Slammed serie.)
#5. Lost & Found by Nicole Williams, this book won my heart instantly, the story line was beautifully written, the characters deep, thoughtful, gorgeous inside and out.
^ I highly recommend all of these books!
While our wishlists are already towering over, are they any new releases happening this summer that you’re really looking forward to?
YES! There are so many books getting released this summer, that I can’t wait to read! Here are few of them:
– Affliction by Laurell K. Hamilton (releases July 2nd) it is the 22nd installment in the Anita Blake Vampire Hunter serie. I love everything Laurell has ever written! Her books are phenomenal, and I reread both her Anita Blake and her Merry Gentry serie once a year.
– Losing Hope by Colleen Hoover (releases July 9th) I am practically dying waiting for this book to release. I have heard so many amazing things about from fellow bloggers who got an early review copy.
– Epilogue by CJ Roberts (released June 11th), I have read the first two books in this serie, holy mindfuck, no literally these books will mindfuck you, change you, and make you ask yourself uncomfortable questions on where do your limit lie as a human being? where would you break?
– Leo’s Chance by Mia Sheridan ( released June 16th) The first book in the serie Leo, shatteredm y heart the story of two young people, who had to go through so many struggles so early in life, this book will win your heart over in no time.
Sometimes the weather can turn a little dreadful. Are they any books you would recommend to read to counteract this weather?
Oh! I know what you mean, we get dreadful rainy summers here in Denmark, like currently it is thunder, lightning and lots of annoying rain. When the weather is like this, I like to read books that makes me smile and laugh, or the books that make me feel whether it’s the sad or the good. I just love books that me invested. Here are some books that I absolutely love to read when I need a good cheering.
– Losing It by Cora Carmack, if you haven’t read this book (what rock have you lived under?!) you need to! This book is sweet, and funny beyond belief, it will make you believe again, in love, rainbows, unicorns, fluffy kittens, the whole nine yards. This book will make you laugh so hard, your cheeks will hurt. Don’t miss out on this awesome book.
– Falling into You by Jasinda Wilder, this is a book that has depth, it has some serious issues that the characters had to deal with for example, loss, pain, hurt, guilt, shame. Oh this book is a life changer, forget breaking your heart, this book will break your soul with it’s story line.
– One Week Girlfriend by Monica Murphy, this book is a combo, it’s has humour, wit, and hilarious moment, but it also has some serious issues, past damage that the characters have to deal with. Unimaginable hurt, struggle and pain that you feel along with the characters.
– Thoughtless by S.C. Stephens, oh! where to begin with this book? The characters will test your tolerance for them, when they break many of your moral beliefs. They will hurt each other, and the people around them and the love triangle, ouch. There is much going on in this book, and then add the rock star, bad boy element and you have a recipe for disaster.
Name your top three authors.
oh no you didn’t! Faye please tell me your not gonna make me do this… *sigh* you’re gonna make me do this aren’t you? All right! let me think about this…
I had to stop answering these questions, take 3 days, write down three different list, eat A LOT of chocolate before I could make myself pick my top three ( never doing this again, never ever!).
Here are they are TADA!
#1. Abbi Glines. Self-explanatory.
#2. Colleen Hoover, again self-explanatory.
#3. Jamie McGuire, this is a no brainer, she is beyond self-explanatory more like a “Duh, of course
When it comes to blogging, are you someone who posts spontaneously or do you schedule ahead?
I usually schedule ahead, I like having everything done and ready a while before the post gets published so I don’t have to go through the stress of making it on time for a deadline. The key word is usually, I try to schedule them, but there are times where I get confused with time difference, or lose track of time, usually because my books distract me, no really they scream “read me, Nadia!” ‘No, read me!”, “No, no, pick me! my male character is hot!” I swear, it is not my fault! They make me do it! :D Y’all know the deal, you read a book, then read another and forget what is it you were actually suppose to do. The answer to this question is, I try to schedule post, because me stressed? not pretty, seriously not pretty, imagine the Hulk meets the squirrel from Ice Age.. yeah like I said not pretty, I could give Frankenstein a run for his money :D
What are your three favourite reviews that you have written since you started blogging
Hmm.. my three favourite reviews that I have written are these three, they are not the absolutely best that I have written but they are my favourite because they show the progress I have made since starting blogging and that I am still learning to become a better reviewer.