So today I am starting a new feature here at A Daydreamer’s Thoughts! At the moment this may not happen every friday, but they will always appear on Fridays. These posts will be all about my thoughts and opinions on bookish things and movie things. This week I am going to talk to you all about reading multiple books at once
Whenever I mention that I have more than one book on the go at one time, I usually get the same response; HOW? This question always baffled me because well, I don’t know how, I just simply do it. So, being that I’m now a blogger and everything comes back to my blog, I decided that I needed to look a little further at this issue and really analyse why I was able to read more than one book at a time. Is it because I just have a great memory? Or is my memory lacking simply because I have so many books on the go at the same time? (Well, not literally at the same time because then I might be going a little cross-eyed!) Thus, eventually, I worked it all out and have a small list of HOW I manage to read more than one book at a time.
- I try to read lots of different genres. It’s hard to get confused when in one book they’re in Hogwarts and in the other there are vampires crawling around.
- I read in different ways. I may have one paperback on the go, one e-book on the go, and maybe even an audiobook as well.
- I view books the same way as television programmes. I can be in the middle of twenty tv shows at the same time, just as I can be with books.
- I get bored very easily. Even if the book is the MOST AMAZING book in the world, if I read the same thing for too long, I usually just end up switching off, putting the book down and forgetting to return to it. By reading multiple books, I can pick and change between them, thus avoiding ultimate boredom.
- As a blogger I sometimes forget about release dates/blog tour dates – despite them being written in my diary with reminders coming from all directions – and thus I usually have to stop reading a book to be able to finish a more important one in time!
- It is more challenging – and more entertaining – to read more than one book at a time and thus makes the experience more interesting and exciting!
- If I forget a book, I’m not going to NOT read, thus, I will just start another and get back to the last as and when I can.
- I just CAN ;)
And just to give you a small idea, these are all the books that I am currently reading and the ones I am halfway through but aim to return to;
- Dancing to the Flute by Manisha Jolie Amin
- Such Wicked Intent by Kenneth Oppel
- Persnickity Princess by Falcon Storm
- From New York to Love… Actually by Ali McNamara
- Pantomime by Laura Lam
- Darcy Burdock by Laura Dockrill
- The Dark Unwinding by Sharon Cameron
- Survival by A. M. Hargrove
- Splintered by A. G. Howard
- The Dead Girl’s Dance by Rachel Caine
- The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo by Steig Larsson
- Knife by R. J. Anderson
- Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver
- Assassin’s Curse by Cassandra Rose Clarke
- Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J. K. Rowling (reread)
What about you though? Do you read more than one book at a time? Do you ever leave a book to start another? Or is this weird reading habit of mine something only I do?