So this is one of those posts that I hate writing and one that I’ve been putting off and off but it’s time I finally posted it or I’m going to just stress myself out to much and that is kind of the opposite of what I want.
The truth of the matter is…
blogging is no longer fun
Ahhh. there. I said it. And it actually hurts to admit it. I love blogging and I have really enjoyed it but the last few months have just been TOO MUCH for me. I’ve had a lot of stuff going on in my life, been working more hours than I expected (which is a good thing) but all in all it left me in a blogging slump and a reading slump. I’ve finally pulled myself out of the reading slump (just), but I’m still struggling with my blog. My problem is that I’m only writing posts because I feel I have to, and not because I want to and that is not how I ever wanted my blogging to be. I feel pressurised to write reviews of books, the make sure that there are posts of some kind on my blog at least twice a week and it has just been dragging me down and giving me unneeded stress.
Here are some of the things that I want to change;
- I want to be able to read a book and not feel guilty that I don’t review it STRAIGHT AWAY
- I want to be able to NOT read for a day and not feel guilty because I’m already so behind on review books.
- I want to be able to NOT post for a few weeks and not feel horrible that I’m neglecting my blog.
- I want to WANT to post on my blog.
- I want to ENJOY blogging again.
- I want to ENJOY reading again.
Because of these things, I am going to be changing things around here.
- I am only going to post when I feel like posting. If that means I don’t post anything for a month, then so be it.
- I am only going to write reviews of review books – but I am not going to force myself to read review books.
- I am going to learn to enjoy my life, so in turn I can enjoy both reading and blogging, without feeling unknown pressure about both activities.
What this essentially means is that I may be going on a small hiatus. But then, I also may be back tomorrow with a post if I just get inspired enough to write a post. It means that I’m taking away the pressure of this blogging lark and hoping that will help me to come back into things. It also means I will have time to visit other blogs and do lots of commenting and just get back into the community of things.
But that’s not all.
This is a problem I have noticed happening for a while now and I actually told myself to give myself a month off. Thus behind the scenes I have been working with some bloggers and authors to bring you a bunch of interviews and guest reviews. These will all be posted in July which means that you actually won’t be viewing a post-less blog, there will just be a lot less ME on the blog for a month.
I will still be co-hosting the New Adult Readathon, and I will be fully commited to the read-a-thon as well. So please don’t worry about that at all!
I’ll also still be on twitter so if you want to just chat with me, please do!
In all honesty I’m really hoping that this will only last a month, and that having the time off will remind me of how much I used to love blogging and I’ll be back in full force in August, but I just wanted to post this in case that doesn’t happen. In my time away from blogging, I’m also going to be re-thinking the features I host here, having a look at my blogging schedule and just seeing if changing things up will help with anything. If there are any features you want me to keep, or would rather I never do again, please let me know! Your feedback on how I run the blog is always appreciated.