Top Ten Tuesday is a meme created by The Broke and the Bookish. Each week a new topic is given and this weeks topic is ten best bookish memories
While this won’t be in any specific order, the top one is my ULTIMATE favourite, and it will probably be there for a long while. Everything else is just organised as I thought of them!
- Author Day with Damian Dibben; Seriously. This day was one of my highlights of last year. I spent the day alongside Damian Dibben as he first spoke to an assembly of school children and then answered questions and then took part in a book club discussion of the book. I was totally overwhelmed but it was a brilliant day!
- Random House Blogger Brunch; This was my first blogger brunch and the first time I met some really great bloggers and publicists! I will probably always cherish this memory as well.
- Halloween at Foyles!; Six authors, meeting up with two bloggers, and hearing about all the different perceptions of horror stories was just really fun and interesting and something I’ll always remember I enjoyed!
- Meeting Rachelia @ Bookish Comforts; Meeting a Canadian blogger in England? Definite awesome. Plus, we clicked like we’d always been friends, had a great tourist day in London and then giggled till we cried while eating Burritos with Lucy from ChooseYA!
- Buddy reading Divergent; I have buddy read a fair few books now but this was the first one I ever did and it connected me to Sarah @ Saz101 and that was one the best things to ever happen to me!
- Volunteering For the Summer Reading Challenge; In the summer I helped to encourage young children to read by volunteering for the SRC where they told me about the books they’ve read and then they recieved some stickers and other goodie prizes. It felt so great to hear their enthusiasm for reading!
- Getting My Job; Getting that phone call to say I’ve gotten the library job of my dream? Yeah, that was a pretty epic bookish memory if I do say so myself!
- Blogging; It seemed silly to miss this one out because, I was really thinking about it, all of those memories up there have only happened because of this blog. I am certain I never would have had any of these experiences without it.
- NaNoWriMo Word Battles!; Okay, so this is more to do with writing books but I truly enjoyed participating in the NaNoWriMo Word Battles that S. J. Maas and Susan Dennard hosted! (they’re still doing them today as well :D)
- HKB & Templar Books Brunch; It may have only just happened but I really had a great time at the HKB and Templar brunch, it was such an experience to be able to talk to so many different an amazing authors and publicity staff!
And that is my list! What about your favourite bookish memories? Do you have any you’d be willing to share with us all?