Today I am here with a book tag! I haven’t done one of these in a while so I’m quite excited. This one seemed like such an interesting one to start with. I found it over on Fantastic Book Dragon‘s blog. It was created by Sam’s Nonsense.
1. Anticipation: The Christmas excitement is real, what book release(s) are you most anticipating? I’ve already spoken about this on the blog but, A Heart So Fierce And Broken by Brigid Kemmerer
2. Christmas Songs & Carols: What book or author can you not help but sing it’s praises? *points above* Honestly, I have and will continue to read every single book that Brigid Kemmerer writes. She is an inspiration and I am so very glad that I decided to read her books all those years ago.
3. Gingerbread Houses: What book or series has wonderful world building? There are so many books that I could put here but I’m actually going to choose one that I haven’t even finished reading yet. And that’s Priory of the Orange Tree by Samantha Shannon.
4. A Christmas Carol: Favourite classic or one that you want to read I’m going to let you in on a little secret of mine – I really don’t like classics. I know that feels a little harsh, popping them all into one place as though they’re all the same but for every classic I’ve tried to read, I have always struggled a little with the language. So, I don’t know if they’re officially classed as classics yet but I vote any book by Roald Dahl.
5. Christmas Sweets: What book would you love to receive for Christmas I mean, I have technically received the book I wanted – even if it won’t be delivered until the new year. But I think I’ll choose something else for this question. I would love to receive Harley in the Sky even though it isn’t released yet!
6. Candles in the Window: What book gives you that warm fuzzy feeling At the moment, the answer to this question is literally any Christmas romance novel. So far I’ve read four and got pulled into each and every one of them.
7. Christmas Trees & Decorations: What are some of your favourite book covers? I am a sucker for a pretty cover and I do love the cover for A Heart So Fierce and Broken but I honestly think I’m going to sound like a broken record soon. So here are a few other choices: Wakenhyrst by Michelle Paver, A Throne of Swans by Katharine and Elizabeth Corr, Girls of Paper and Fire by Natasha Ngan.
8. Christmas Joy: What are some of your favourite things about Christmas And/Or some of your favourite Christmas memories? I mean, aside from books? I do enjoy spending time with my family – we often play games and we’re a good family to do this with. I also love just snuggling down in a blanket and watching movies either alone or with my family as well. It’s just a lovely, magical time of year.
I'm just a twenty-something year old girl who has a passion for everything related to books, films and writing. I'm a part-time librarian, sharing my love of books and films with the world. I'm from the UK and love everything about the country. If you want to know more about me, feel free to follow me on twitter, add me on Facebook or e-mail me! :-)