Top Ten Tuesday is an original feature/weekly meme created and hosted by The Broke and the Bookish. This week’s topic is the most anticipated reads of 2013. Mine are in no particular order and I have probably forgotten something I’m really looking forward to because my memory is like a goldfish!
1. Scarlet by Marissa Meyer I loved, loved, loved, Cinder and so I am really looking forward to the sequel to the story. I need to know what happens next and I cannot believe that the wait is almost over!
2. Spirit by Brigid Kemmerer Talk about one of the best series I have ever read! I have become totally hooked and I am so desperate to get me hands on the next one in line. Brigid needs to write, write, write! Not sure I can wait till next summer!
3. Ferryman by Claire McFall I actually only heard of this one recently but as soon as I heard about it, I was hooked. I am so excited for this and am hoping that the book is as good as the synopsis and cover makes it out to be!!
4. Splintered by A. G. Howard Alice in Wonderland has always been my favourite fairy tale and so this story immediately caught my eye. Add in the gorgeous cover, astounding synopsis and you have one blogger craving to get their hands on this book!
5. Untitled by Veronica Roth (Divergent #3) My favourite books of 2012 – I read both this year – I am waiting on tender hooks for the next instalment. I am so curious as to what is going to happen and how will it all fold? And I just want more of Veronica Roth’s writing to be devoured by my eyes. Capiche?
6. The Archived by Victoria Schwab Yes. Yes. Yes. I saw this, read the synopsis and found myself begging for more. It sounds so intense and exciting and simply stunning. Why do I have to keep on waiting for such a brilliant sounds book?
7. Taken by Erin Bowman I have had this book on my radar for too long now. The cover is gorgeous, the synopsis is inviting, and the author is stunning. This book is one that I desperately need in my life so I cannot wait for 2013 to finally reach us!
8. Prophecy by Ellen Oh This was highlighted on Brodie’s blog a while back and ever since then I have been waiting in full anticipation for this book. It sounds absolutely amazing and one of those books that I would probably devour in only a few days. It is right up my alley and I cannot wait to get my hands on a copy!
9. The Eternity Cure by Julie Kagawa One of my favourite books of 2012 was The Immortal Rules, and so I am definitely looking forward to reading this book on and finding out what happens! I am currently in the middle of reading a prequel to the Dark of Eden series, and this taster is just making me ache to have the second book in my hands now!
10. Dracomachia by Rachel Hartman Seraphina was a book that I read quickly and absolutely adored and the idea that there is more just waiting to be read (when it’s written) next year makes my heart thump. I need to have this in my life as soon as I can because I just have to know what happens next. Besides, how could I ever get enough of Rachel Hartman’s amazing writing style and creativity?
What books are you most looking forward to in 2013?