Hey Guys! Today, on the first day she’s NOT my Blogger Spotlight, I am (re-)introducing you to Sarah over at Saz101. She has compiled together a list of 25 things that the Harry Potter series has taught everyone. I’m extremely grateful for her to help me out with this!
25 Life Lessons from Harry Potter, or: Everything I Need to Know About Life, I Learned from Harry Potter
Anyone who knows me knows I LOVE Harry Potter. But going beyond simple enjoyment, there are so many lessons to be learned and so many pieces of wisdom to be taken from the series. So, Faye’s kindly given me the opportunity to share a few choice lessons I think we can all take from the AMAZING series and movies. And I’d love to hear: what have YOU learned and taken from Harry Potter?
1. Anyone can be a superhero: It’s the people you least expect who’ll surprise you the most.
2. It’s COOL to be quirky (Luna)
3. Books have the answer to everything. And if they don’t, Hermione will.
4. Help shall always be given to those who ask for it
5. “It is our choices that show who we truly are, far more than our abilities.”
6. Love saves lives.
7. In the end? The good guys always win
8. Good things come in TWOS (Fred and George)
9. Err, so does trouble
10. Some monsters aren’t half as bad as they seem (Thestrals!)
11. Wands are COOL.
12. Sometimes the people who touch us the most are gone, far, far too soon
13. Family is where we find it (The Weasleys)
14. Don’t believe everything you see.
15. Hell hath no fury like a mother, messed with (I’m thinking Mrs Weasley vs. Bellatrix :D)
16. It’s true. Chocolate can fix just about anything.
17. Anyone could be a prince in disguise.
18. “If you want to know what a man’s like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.”
19. True friends will stick by, no matter what.
20. You’re braver and better and stronger than you think. You don’t even need a magic potion.
21. The right thing isn’t always the easy thing… but that doesn’t make it any less right.
22. Some guys can TOTALLY rock a dress (Dumbeldore).